What you can do if you smoke:
- Don’t smoke in your home or car
- Don’t let anyone smoke near your child
- Pledge to make your home and car smoke-free
What you can do if you have pets:
- Keep pets outside if possible
- If you have a pet inside, keep them out of the bedroom and off the furniture
- Vacuum carpets and furniture often
What you can do if you have pests or insects:
- Keep counters, sinks, tables, and floors clean
- Clean dishes, crumbs, and spills
- Store food in air tight containers
- Cover trash cans
- Call the hotline for more information
What you can do if you use chemicals to clean:
- Use these products less often and make sure your child is not around when you use the products. Also, consider trying different products.
- Take great care to follow the instructions on the label. If you use these products, try to make sure windows or doors are open and that you use an exhaust fan.
What you can do if you see mold:
- If you see mold, follow the guidance from EPA*
- Use exhaust fans or open a window in the bathroom when showering and the kitchen when cooking or washing dishes.
- Fix leaky plumbing or other sources of water as soon as possible.